Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] available_media status DBBACKUP

2001-05-24 17:52:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] available_media status DBBACKUP
From: neil AT mbari DOT org (Conner, Neil)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:52:11 -0700
Humble apologies, my friend ;-)

The issue I was having did not involve DBBACKUP tapes.  What was happening for
me (and it only happpened a few times) was that a full volume that had been
sent offsite with a 5 year retention level would suddenly appear in the list of
active volumes with a 3 month retention level.  I thought my media database had
become corrupt.  The robot type was listed correctly as NONE, but the byte
count was wrong.  When I scrutinized the output a little more thoroughly
however, I found the same tape ID listed a second time with all the correct
details.  Running available_media without the mod produced the correct output
consistently. The glitch was repeatable the times it happened, so I finally
stopped using the modified version...

-Neil