Veritas-bu

Re(2): [Veritas-bu] Duplicating Images to Another NBU Server

2001-05-23 09:01:25
Subject: Re(2): [Veritas-bu] Duplicating Images to Another NBU Server
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 09:01:25 -0400
Thanks for the command. This looks like one of those undocumented ones. I ran
it and it will give me what I'm looking for but I still have the same problem
as using the GUI. My server names are quite long (ie; server-name-novell-srv)
because for Novell I have to use the fully qualified server name (Novell 4.1
does not utilize DNS). When NBU adds his big long date/time stamp to the end of
the server name, I get truncation. Is there any known way to increase the size
of the columns in the output list so I can see the entire backupid?

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com writes:
>I've been looking into that but I would like to just extend the retention
>period for one image on the tape instead of all
>of them that happen to reside there by luck of the draw. I've reviewed
>the bpexpdate command and it looks as though
>I might be able to use the recalculate and backupid options to change the
>retention period for a single image.
>All I need to know now is how to find the backupid name for my images. I
>used the GUI to list the images on tape but
>my names are so long, they get cut off and I don't get a complete name.
>What is the CLI equivalent for the "Images on Media"
> report from the GUI. Is changing the retention period for a single image
>on a tape even a doable thing.

Try using "bpimmedia" to get a listing of images on the media
# bpimmedia -L [-mediaid vsn]

To change the retention period for the a single image on the media
# bpexpedate -recalculate -d date_time [-backupid backup_id]

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"