Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] overwrite tape

2001-05-23 08:33:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] overwrite tape
From: marcelb AT InterXion DOT com (Marcel van den Berg (Devote))
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:33:57 +0200
Hi Jason,

I followed this procedure when I noticed the tape was full. As we have
just one tape available for each daily backup, the tape will be full
after one job (so each day the tape is full). To repeat the procedure of
executing bpexpdate each day is not something I am looking forward to.
Could be done by batchjobs and scheduled tasks but is too complicated I
think.

Get the impression Netbackup cannot overwrite jobs on a tape. It just
appends jobs on tape 1, takes tape 2, if full takes tape 3 etc. When all
the jobs on tape 1 are over the retention period tape 1 is used again.
Anyone confirms this?

best wishes,
Marcel