Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] User exp.: Business Server -> DataCenter

2001-05-22 11:48:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] User exp.: Business Server -> DataCenter
From: wenestvedt AT jwu DOT edu (William Enestvedt)
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:48:55 -0400
I'm a new user, looking for anyone's real world experience:
   We just got our CDs and licenses for Business Server, but I'm thinking
about returning it for Data Center before we install it. Has anyone started
with Business Server and uplifted (or whatever they call it) to Data Center?
   We have a dozen Sun servers and a 9-tape DLT library (sun L9) with
another to come this summer. Should we start out with a Business Server
setup and move to Data Center (or a second license of Business Server?) when
the second tape library arrives, or just bite the bullet now and start with
Data Center?
   I would ask my VAR, but #1 they're slow and #2 I would prefer an actual
user's feedback. many thanks in advance.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
Johnson & Wales University