Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with available_media and state DBBACKUP

2001-05-16 02:08:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with available_media and state DBBACKUP
From: duane AT connect.com DOT au (Duane Schultz)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:08:38 +1000
We've had some issues at our site with changes in configuration of media
servers, with some media servers losing their drives and becoming simple
clients.

It seems that the machines that used to be media servers may have had media
database information stored on them for the media that they were writing
and tracking, and since they have been decommisioned, the media which they
had configured is giving us grief - the status column in the
available_media report is showing them as DBBACKUP, which from the code
seems to be the catch-all status for when the mediaid cannot be found in
any database.

What should I be doing to fix this ? Reimporting the media doesn't seem to
get anywhere. I still have a filesystem with the data from the previous
installation, but restoring it, restarting the daemons and trying it
again doesn't seem to get anywhere.

What is the procedure for moving media around between media servers ? Is
there a simple way, or is it a matter of nuke the media information and
reimport ?

--
| Duane Schultz                               System Manager |
| duane AT connect.com DOT au                connect.com.au pty ltd |