Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing retention periods

2001-05-08 16:17:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing retention periods
From: gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com (Gregory Floro)
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 16:17:09 -0400
wschuller AT cayenta DOT com writes:
>I have received a request from one of my DBA's to change the retention of
>User backup. I know when it occurred and under which class and schedule.
>Its
>current retention period is set to three weeks. He needs this particular
>backup set to infinite. What is the best way to approach this situation?
>Is
>it the tape that expires, or the image?
>
>Bill

To change the expiration date of a particular image to infinity:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpexpdate -backupid backup_id -date
infinity

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"