Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recalling tapes

2001-05-08 15:37:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recalling tapes
From: shyamdayal AT usa DOT net (shyam hazari)
Date: 8 May 2001 13:37:23 MDT
Admins,
         I am running into problems for recalling tapes. I do not have root
access to run the Java GUI. What I am doing is to run the restore and checking
the log file to find out the tape number, stopping the restore process. Also
this above process takes long sometimes more than an hour. Is there any other
neat way of  getting the tape numbers for recall using a schedule, class and
time stamp for a particular restore ?

In our environment we have PowerBroker. What are the commands I need to put
under PowerBroker for running the Java GUI ?

TIA

Shyam Hazari,