Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Lotus Notes Backups

2001-05-03 10:44:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Lotus Notes Backups
From: olaf_behnke AT de.schindler DOT com (olaf_behnke AT de.schindler DOT com)
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:44:50 +0200
we don't use the lotus notes extension for netbackup but do offline backups
eyery night. Because we have a notes cluster (with 2 notes server with same
data) we backup every night one of them. The Backup priority is very high
and the backup window short enough to guarantee, that the backup starts
properly at a special time (and ends not too late). When the backup starts
notes will be stopped (with an little NT-batch) and when backup ends notes
will be started (with another NT-batch).
We did only installation of netbackup client software without any further
manual changes to registry or local files unless the necessary
configuration in the gui.
It works very fine.
Olaf

shyam hazari <shyamdayal AT usa DOT net>@mailman.eng.auburn.edu on 03.05.2001
05:02:50

Sent by:  veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu