Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Listing / Available Tapes

2001-05-02 17:40:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Listing / Available Tapes
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:40:12 -0700 (PDT)
You can use the available_media script found in the
goodies directory or check out the Advanced NetBackup
Scripting site for a script to suite your needs.

http://www.xbpadm-commands.com

David

PS.  Re; the frozen tapes, it probably would be a good
idea to identify why they were frozen in the first
place, otherwise they might get frozen again.

Quoting TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com:

> What is the best way to produce a list of available
tapes?  I have recently
> unfrozen several tapes and I would like to figure out
how many tapes are
> available.  A bpmedialist will only show tapes that
have been written to.
> Is there a command that will report tapes that are
currently available?
> The below tape has been unfrozen and is ready to be
written to.  I need to
> produce a report to show me how many tapes are
available that have not been
> written to.
>
> slgo1105# bpmedialist -ev 100171
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume
> database
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume
> database
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume
> database
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume
> database
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume
> database
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume
> database
> requested media id was not found in NB media database
and/or MM volume
> database

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting