Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Listing / Available Tapes

2001-05-02 16:56:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Listing / Available Tapes
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com (TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com)
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 15:56:52 -0500
What is the best way to produce a list of available tapes?  I have recently
unfrozen several tapes and I would like to figure out how many tapes are
available.  A bpmedialist will only show tapes that have been written to.
Is there a command that will report tapes that are currently available?
The below tape has been unfrozen and is ready to be written to.  I need to
produce a report to show me how many tapes are available that have not been
written to.

slgo1105# bpmedialist -ev 100171
requested media id was not found in NB media database and/or MM volume database