Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Unix_backup_Status script

2001-04-30 08:25:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Unix_backup_Status script
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT xbpadm-commands DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 05:25:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Joe:

Glad you liked the script.

I created it that way in response to a client's request.

You basically hit the nail on the head, that's the
place you want to massage if you want to broaden or
narrow your client view on the report.

I think the (line>/dev/null;line>/dev/null|tee) was
there to eliminate the first two lines of the output
(header information)...I think.  Unfortunately, I'm not
at a machine where I can test my theory.

I have an NT only one too, but it is just modifying the
OS1, OS2, OS3, etc. variables to exclude those clients.

David

Quoting "Sangemino, Joe" <JSANGEMINO AT eftia DOT com>:

> Hi,
>       I ran the Unix_backup_Status script I
downloaded from the
> http://www.xbpadm-commands.com site and ran in it on
my Solaris 7 Netbackup
> 3.2ga box which backs up a mixed Unix/NT
environment.  The script gave me a
> really nice, informative report (Thanks, David!)  on
my Unix boxes, but
> neglected my NT machines.
>
> I played with the "os excludes" lines in the script,
but with no success.

> I finally chopped the following line:
> for i in `$ADMCMD/bpclclients | grep -v $OS1 | grep -
v $OS2 |
> (line/dev/null;line/dev/null;tee) | cut -c35-68`
> to read:
>
> for i in `$ADMCMD/bpclclients | cut -c35-68`
>
> (As I don't have a huge number of systems, and I
don't want to exclude any
> OS from my report.)
>
> This produced a backup status report on all my
systems and is now run
> daily.
>
> I'm sure there's a REAL working fix, probably
something simple, but I'm new
> to Unix, and not known for my patience when it comes
to scripting, hence
> the
> 'chop hack'
>
> If someone would like to show me a 'real' fix for the
script, I'd be happy
> to learn from it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Joe Sangemino
> NT/UNIX Systems Administrator
> Eftia OSS Solutions Inc.
> jsangemino AT eftia DOT com
> Tel. (613)368-4181

bu

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.
847 413 1144
http://www.consulting.datastaff.com
http://www.xbpadm-commands.com
NBU-LSERV AT datastaff DOT com - Adv. Scripting