Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Mac data and NetBackup

2001-04-09 15:58:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Mac data and NetBackup
From: jlkennedy AT amcc DOT com (Jeff Kennedy)
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 12:58:50 -0700
Does NetBackup support Mac data backups?  I have a Novell client
(really? who'd of thought..) that has macintosh data stored on it and
accessed by mac clients.  We have restored data when using BackupExec
but are having no luck with NetBackup.

Anyone still have mac data that they are backing up with NetBackup?  And
can you restore it?

As I understand it the problem is the resource fork.  The data fork
seems to still be intact but the resource is either not backed up at all
or is not being restored properly.  I have tried an entire directory
restore as well as a single file restore.  There is other data mixed in
with this and it restored fine in both cases.

Thanks.

--
Jeff Kennedy