Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client support

2001-03-28 10:50:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client support
From: RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com (RYAN ANDERSON)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:50:05 -0600
"Buffington; Devon" wrote:

> Will Netbackup 3.4 support backing up a SunOS 5.4 client?
>
> Devon Buffington

I highly doubt it. If there was at least a 3.2 client for SunOS 5.4, you
could, but there isn't:

http://support.veritas.com/dsl/lists/nbu_os_ddProduct_NETBACKUP_prod1_NBUDC32.htm

In upgrading NetBackup, I had one unsupported SunOS4 client that
technically held us back from upgrading. I solved the problem by nfs
mounting it to the NetBackup master and we now back it up regularly via
NFS. It works, but I wouldn't attempt doing this for a lot of clients.

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)