Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: backing up a firewall (not through it)

2001-03-27 10:29:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: backing up a firewall (not through it)
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:29:15 -0700
Thanks to all for suggestions. We are now backing up the firewalls.

Our firewalls were setup NOT to run inetd so...

Much trial and error later I check on the client and figure it out.

Now we manually start it with "bp -standalone -port 13782"

On client we have bp.conf
ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW = <whatever range your FW people want>

On the master I ran the
"bpclient -client <node> -add -connect_nr_port 1"

On the firewall they opened up port 13782, 13720 and the range listed above.

And like magic it all starts working.

thanks again to all