Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] script to enhance problem notification

2001-03-26 12:09:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] script to enhance problem notification
From: David A. Chapa" <david AT datastaff DOT com (David A. Chapa)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:09:31 -0800 (PST)
Kevin:

This may be somewhat off the mark from what you are
looking for (*spending money*), but have you looked at
Veritas ENE (Event Notification Extension)?  This has
the first extensible MIB defined for NBU and I believe
now VCS.  It can do monitoring, detection and
correction through your existing SNMP framework.

I'm in the beginning process of evaluating it at one of
my client sites...so I don't have a whole lot more I
can say about it...but hopefully I will.

Just a thought.

David
Quoting KevinB AT paccessglobal DOT com:

> We want to enhance the our notification of failures
so that we get paged
> less but get paged when necessary.  Can anyone
provide a list of all