Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU DC 3.4 daemons fail to load on AIX 4.3.3 client/media server

2001-03-23 15:43:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU DC 3.4 daemons fail to load on AIX 4.3.3 client/media server
From: fx AT Veritas DOT com (fx [François-Xavier Peretmere])
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 21:43:53 +0100

 on a media server, no bprd and bpcd is by default launched by
inetd. you should have something like this:

fx@diane [249]# netstat -a | grep bpcd
*.bpcd               *.*                0      0     0      0 LISTEN

 but "bpps -a" should show the MM daemons (ltid / vmd / tldd / tldcd).

 what you describes is normal behaviour.

 fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
     fx AT Veritas DOT com       | Wind catches lily
François-Xavier Peretmere | scatt'ring petals to the wind.