Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backing up a firewall (not through it)

2001-03-22 19:43:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backing up a firewall (not through it)
From: Tim.McMurphy AT telus DOT com (Tim McMurphy)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:43:36 -0700
I have read through the mailling list on this one and have tried but don't
seem to be getting network connection with netbackup (I can ping ok from the
fw to the backup server).

Netbackup 3.4
error 41 network connection timed out

I am trying to backup a firewall, not through a firewall, just backup the
firewall. Of course the fw admins don't want to open up many ports. I have
the client installed on the firewall.

1) What is the minimum ports per fw to do a backup?

2) Here is the config. Will this work?
On the client (the firewall) I have in bp.conf
ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
SERVER_PORT_WINDOW = 13740 13750
CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW = 13740 13750
RANDOM_PORTS = NO

On the backup server (master) I have this in bp.conf
ALLOW_NON_RESERVED_PORTS
SERVER_PORT_WINDOW = 13740 13750
CLIENT_PORT_WINDOW = 13740 13750
RANDOM_PORTS = NO

The firewall folks have allowed the following:
TCP on port 13782, 13720 & 13740 to 13750

I have tried most permutations of the above commands and I am obviously
missing something. Any ideas?

Thanks