Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.4 admin client work w/3.2?

2001-03-20 18:10:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.4 admin client work w/3.2?
From: bryan_bahnmiller AT agilent DOT com (BAHNMILLER,BRYAN (A-ColSprings,ex1))
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:10:59 -0500
All,

  Well, we finally resolved this after looking at some notes from the 465
patch to NBU 3.4. (Which by the way turns 3.4 into 3.4.1)

  To allow our NT 3.4 administration clients to administer both 3.4 servers
and 3.2 servers we changed the line in methods.allow to read:
noauth : 3.4ServerName

 with no entries for 3.2 servers. That seems to be working now. So every 3.4
server would need a "noauth" entry in the methods.allow file on your
administrative clients.

    Bryan