Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] robot info not unique in database

2001-03-20 17:00:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] robot info not unique in database
From: cthurber AT concretemedia DOT com (clifford thurber)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:00:13 -0500
This is somewhat interesting and perhaps someone can shed some light on
this. The tape I just mentioned was imported back into the library via the
following command.

         vmupdate -empty_ie -rn 0 -rt tld -rh tapehost -vh tapehost

Afterwords I found the tape listed as  Media Type TLD, robot type NONE,
Pool offiste with the rest of the field blank. It was fault for not changin
the slot number in the Move Volume window from the default of 1.
Running  the following command

         echo "s s" | tldtest -r /dev/sg/c1t0l0

quickly showed me that there was in fact a tape already in slot 1 of now
once I changed the slot number to a slot that was empty the media
management gui showed the Robot Type correctly as TLD and the slot number I
had just chosed. However I concrurently got an error message from the Move
Volume window that said:

         VUBC of CIB0565 failed: the requested slot is empty

I am really confused about that error message but the main thing I wanted
to know was that if this tape CIB055 was being brought back in via the CAP
and using vmupdate to do so shouldn't NB have taken care of all this for
me? Do you need to specify a slot number to which you would like to move a
tape in the CAP into? If so how do you do this? Thanks in advance.
Clifford