Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #344 - 5 msgs

2001-03-20 14:00:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RE: Veritas-bu digest, Vol 1 #344 - 5 msgs
From: Robert_Chae AT compuware DOT com (Chae, Robert)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:00:49 -0500
  I did hear about companies like Hitachi developing faster and larger
backups on cd technology about a few years ago, but I havent heard anything
lately.  Otherwise regular cd media can only hold up to around 800 MB of
data, and DVD capacity peaks around 5 GB per side (or around 10 GB per
disk).  How much data are your full monthly or yearly backups?

Robert Chae
Enterprise Storage Administrator
Compuware Corporation
31440Northwestern Highway