Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Sybase DB Extension

2001-03-19 12:59:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Sybase DB Extension
From: dchrastil AT bcbsga DOT com (Daniel Chrastil)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:59:24 -0500
Trying to setup Sybase DB Extension and get a 0 (zero) return code from
both the sybase and standard class when I execute the job.  However the
sybase class does not mount a tape and dump the database but still
returns a code of zero.  The standard class will then kick off mount a
tape end successfully.  The only thing I see is when I run it manually
from the command line I receive the following which I am sure has
anything to do with this what-so-ever.  Any suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Backup Server: 4.124.2.1: Archive API error for device='sybackup:: -SERV
hp02 -CLASS HP02_master_ONLINE -SCHED Default-Policy::00':
Vendor application name='VERITAS NetBackup for SYBASE', Library version
302, API routine=syb_open(), Message= Failed, please refer to sybackup
log for more info.
Msg 8009, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'SYBASE', Line 1:
Error encountered by Backup Server.  Please refer to Backup Server
messages for details.

Thanks,
Dan Chrastil
BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia