Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STATUS 14 - File Write Failed Error ...

2001-03-19 12:12:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STATUS 14 - File Write Failed Error ...
From: dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com (Dennis Dwyer)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:12:40 -0500
We're at Service Pack 4 on almost every NT server in the company. A few I think
are at 6, but I verified that the server in question is at SP4.

Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> Bob Bakh <bbakh AT veritas DOT com> 03/19/01 10:17AM >>>
What service pack are you running on the NT?

This is a known issue with NT's tcp/ip stack, and causes this 10054 error.

If you upgrade to service pack 4 this should help, other issues that have
caused this are dupexing mismatches.  Not hard coding your Cisco to FULL and
not hard coding the client to FULL

Just a side not for everyone, AUTO NEGOTIATE does not work.  At least that
has been my experience.

Bob