Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bprecover question

2001-03-15 15:38:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bprecover question
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:38:04 -0800 (PST)
it sounds like it overwrote your device configuration
for your standalone on you DR server.

try running this and see what it says

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -d

if it says you have a tape library configured, then it
overwrote your device configuration db.  Just
reconfigure your standalone drive and delete the
library configuration from your DR server and you
should be good to go.

david

Quoting "Malinak, Judy (GEIO)"
<Judy.Malinak AT geio.ge DOT com>:

> Hello -
>
> I am doing a disaster recovery test and have some
questions.  Hopefully
> someone has some experience with this and can help.
>
> I have a dlt7000 tape from an off-site facility with
the netbackup
> databases
> from their master on it.  I am trying to recover it
to a server at my
> facility. First, I installed NetBackup 3.4 and
configured one drive (thats
> all I have).  It is an external DLT7000.  I did a
bprecover which worked
> well but then the media manager would not come up.  I
get the following
> error:
>
> Drive index 0 is incorrect, drive name /dev/rmt/4cbn
is incorrect, No such
> file or directory
> Cannot terminate tldcd: Connection refused
>
> Any idea on how I should proceed?  The next step is
to import another tape
> from yet another site but I want to make sure
NetBackup will work on this