Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] importing/accessing images on disk

2001-03-15 11:45:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] importing/accessing images on disk
From: morms AT es DOT com morms AT es DOT com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:45:18 -0700
Hello Everyone,

We are running Netbackup 3.4 on an NT master and had corruption of our
volume database that would not allow us to add volumes.  While working to
resolve this with Veritas, our netbackup db tapes were over-written with
corrupt data and are useless.  In addition, we have no file system backup of
the master server on tape.  During this time, we kept exchange backups
running by sending them to a disk storage unit on the master.
What they had us do to resolve the corruption was uninstall and reinstall
Veritas and import the images.  We have now been told that there is no way
to import the images that were written to disk and that they are
inaccessible.

Does anyone know of a way that these images can be imported or accessed?

I am new to Veritas Netbackup so any helpful suggestions/comments will be
appreciated.

Much thanks,
Melinda