Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb specific tape

2001-03-14 14:51:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb specific tape
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:51:34 -0800 (PST)
yes.

bpbackupdb -ev MEDIAID -p POOLNAME -tpath TAPEDEV \
/usr/openv/netbackup/db \
/usr/openv/netbackup/var \
/usr/openv/volgmr/database \
/usr/local/data/drplan.doc

And its good when you are doing offsite vaulting of
your duplicated images.  In this way you are able to
say that you have your system at a particular point in
time, including your drplan.doc.  Remember that
bpbackupdb will backup anything you tell it, so using
it like this will also ensure you meet those offsite
requirements of your DR Plan too.

As a matter of habit, I use -ev in the command line
above, but I believe you can use -rv as well.

-David Chapa

Quoting clifford thurber <cthurber AT concretemedia DOT com>:

> Hello,
> Is there a way to backup up the netabackup database
onto a specific tape,
> one that isnt in the netbackup pool? Is there a good
reason not to do this.

> Right now my offiste dupes take up four tapes which
is how many slots we
> have in our CAP. So it is more convenient for me to
write database backup
> to one of those four tapes instead of ejecting a
fifth tape which would be
> from the netbackup pool. Any feedback would be
greatly appreciated. I tried

> the following command to write a backup to a specific
tape that wasnt in
> the netabackup pool and got the following error:
>
> root@tapehost/ >bpbackupdb -tpath /dev/rmt/2cbn -rv
CIB017