Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to backup individual mailbox backup from Exchange 5.5 with Netbackup 3.4

2001-03-14 06:42:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to backup individual mailbox backup from Exchange 5.5 with Netbackup 3.4
From: Miriam Ben-Haim miriam AT techunix.technion.ac DOT il
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:42:37 +0200 (IST)
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Pascal VIOLERO AI/DI-A wrote:

>            I'am testing the individual mailboxes backup from Exchange
>            5.5 with Netbackup 3.4.
>
>            I followed the "configuration" section into "Veritas
>            Netbackup 3.4 for Exhange server" documentation. But
>            when I try to backup a mailbox, the netbackup status is
>            always "No files to backup".
>
>            When I try to use the client backup GUI  to choose a mailbox
>            to backup, I see no mailbox into mailboxes folder,
>            so I think that Netbackup don't find the mailbox into the
>            exchange server. Do you have an idea regarding this problem.
>
>            When I make a full database backup I have no problems.
>            Best regards,

Just did it yesterday with the help of our support. Here is what you
need to do:

1. install the regular client and the exchange agent with the same
   (administrator) account.
2. install the 482 patch.
3. logon as administrator and in the control panel->services->properties
   define the service to run with the administrator account (you write
   the username and password there)
4. stop and start the netbackup service.
5. create the mailbox for netbackup according to the instructions, and
   connect it to administrator. It should have administrator rights.
6. on the 'site' level choose properties->permissions and add user
   administrator with admin role.
7. in the registry of the exchange server go to
   \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\VERITAS\NetBackup\Config
   and create a new key (right click on config -> new -> string type)
   called EXCHANGE_MAILBOX and the string you put in its value is the
   name of the mailbox you created for netbackup.

You then need to create a user backup schedule with all the days and
hours available.

It is recommended to run the database backup on different time window
than the mailboxes backup.

Hope this helps.

        Miriam

 Miriam Ben-Haim                 E-mail: miriam AT technion.ac DOT il
 Unix Systems                    Phone : +972-4-8292177
 Taub Computer Center            Fax   : +972-4-8236212
 Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, ISRAEL