Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to put expired tapes in scratch pool automat ically

2001-03-13 08:23:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to put expired tapes in scratch pool automat ically
From: Beal, James jbeal AT adaptivebroadband DOT com
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:23:07 -0000

> Hi all,
> expired tapes remain in their media pool. How can I put them into the
> scratch pool automatically after expiration?
> Greetings
> Olaf Behnke
> Schindler Deutschland Holding GmbH

This is the script I wrote, no guarentees, no support, based on
available_media The argument for vmchange ( -p 4 ) needs to be changed based
on the output of

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool  -listall

#! /bin/sh
VMQUERY=/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery
VMPOOL=/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool

TR=/usr/bin/tr

/bin/rm -rf /tmp/avail_media_output
/bin/rm -rf /tmp/avail_media_sorted_output
/bin/touch /tmp/avail_media_output

TAB=`/bin/echo ' ' | $TR ' ' '\011'`

VMPOOL_OUTPUT=/tmp/vmpool_output
/bin/rm -rf $VMPOOL_OUTPUT
touch $VMPOOL_OUTPUT

VMQUERY_OUTPUT=/tmp/vmquery.out
ASTERISK_DISPLAYED=/tmp/asterisk_displayed

(
        $VMQUERY -pn NetBackup -bx 2>/dev/null    | tail +4
1>>$VMQUERY_OUTPUT 2>/dev/null
        $VMQUERY -pn HostBackups -bx 2>/dev/null  | tail +4
1>>$VMQUERY_OUTPUT 2>/dev/null

        cat $VMQUERY_OUTPUT |sort -u|
        while read vmediaid vmediatype vrobottype vrobotnum vrobotslot vside
vvol vop vmnts vlmtdate vlmttime vasgndate vasgntime vpool
        do
                /bin/rm -rf /tmp/bpmediaid_found

                if [ "${vasgndate}" = "---" -a "${vasgntime}" = "---" ]
                then

                        /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -p 4 -m $vmediaid

                        /bin/echo "Changing Volume Group for $vmediaid"

                fi
        done
)