Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Novell client

2001-03-12 12:19:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Novell client
From: RYAN ANDERSON RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:19:24 -0600
I'm using the 3.2 Novell client to a 3.2 Solaris master, but I have only
used the 3.4 NetWare client in my test environment. I'm sure 99% of your
problem applies though.

What NetBackup NLM hung your system? Can I guess that it was BPSRV?
Thats given us problems. If you run in the target configuration, you
won't have to load that one at all.

The status 41 could be caused by not having the master/media server you
backup to in the SYS:\ETC\HOSTS file (don't put too much faith in
NetWare's ability to use DNS). Since you only get it after a reboot, it
could be because you didn't put the proper entries in the autoexec.ncf
file to load at startup. The NetBackup manual documents this part well,
ensure you've done everything it tells you. You say you don't have
documentation, but if you have the media for the NLMs, just look in the
'Doc' directory on the CD-ROM for the PDF which shows how to load it up
properly.

A word of advice: Make sure you've created all the directories the
install docs tell you!

Regards,

RCA

--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)