Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 96

2001-03-09 11:53:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 96
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:53:42 -0600
It could be a couple of issues.  Double check that the scheduled class has
the correct storage unit defined and that the tapes within the media manager
/ volume database are correct.  Also you may need to check the volume pool
that the class is using.

It seems odd that a manual backup would work, but that the scheduled backup
would not?  You might also check to see that all of your daemons are
running.

Lastly, you could try relabeling the tape that you are going to use.  The
last time I received the Storage unit has no media available, I relabeled
the media and then it worked fine.  Of course in my case I think it was
because I had moved media between a couple different media pools and a
couple of tapes were not updated.

Hope this helps.

Dan