Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] command for creating lists of jobs

2001-03-07 12:01:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] command for creating lists of jobs
From: Peter L. Buschman plb AT iotk DOT com
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 18:01:50 +0100
Veritas support reps usually won't support you on this, but I have been
able to get this
much out of them ;-)

jobid,jobtype,state,status,class,schedule, client, server, started, elapsed,
ended, stunit, try, operation, kbytes, files, pathlastwritten, percent,
jobpid, owner, subtype, classtype, schedule_type, priority, group,
masterserver, retentionunits, retentionperiod, compression,
kbyteslastwritten, fileslastwritten, filelistcount, [files]..., trycount,
[trypid, trystunit, tryserver, trystarted, tryelapsed, tryended, trystatus,
trystatusdescription, trystatuscount, [trystatuslines]..., trybyteswritten,
tryfileswritten]

Unfortunately, a lot of the information is given in numeric codes (jobtype
is one example) that
is translated into english by the jobmonitor and the normal bpdbjobs
-report format.  The bitch
is having to translate those codes yourself to make sense of what you have.

The following perl fragment shows how to perform a basic parsing using the
above order:

   open(BPDBJOBS,"bpdbjobs -report -all_columns|");
   while(<BPDBJOBS>) {
     my($jobid,$jobtype,$state,$status,$class,$schedule,$client,$server,
        $started,$elapsed,$ended,$stunit,$try,$operation,$kilobytes,$files,
        $path,$percent,$jobpid,$owner)
     = split(/,/);
     my($record) = {
       "jobid" => "$jobid",
       "jobtype" => "$jobtype",
       "state" => "$state",
       "status" => "$status",
       "class" => "$class",
       "schedule" => "$schedule",
       "client" => "$client",
       "server" => "$server",
       "started" => "$started",
       "elapsed" => "$elapsed",
       "ended" => "$ended",
       "stunit" => "$stunit",
       "try" => "$try",
       "operation" => "$operation",
       "kilobytes" => "$kilobytes",
       "files" => "$files",
       "path" => "$path",
       "percent" => "$percent",
       "jobpid" => "$jobpid",
       "owner" => "$owner",
     };

What I wouldn't give to see the Veritas source code....

--PLB