Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] license in cluster environment

2001-03-07 11:02:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] license in cluster environment
From: Andreas.Christen AT gr.admin DOT ch Andreas.Christen AT gr.admin DOT ch
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:02:08 +0100
Hi all,

I was wondering how Veritas is handling the license problematic if you have
2 Servers in a Cluster(True64) environment and in a SAN. On one cluster node
I'm running Oracle-DB(no Parallel Server) with SAP R/3. On the second node
I'm running only SAP as an application server. What I want is to backup the
DB through the NetBackup SAP agent on one node(DB Server obviously). So I
will NEVER use the SAP agent and the Media Server(for the SAN) on the second
node at the same time. In case of a failover, I will always only have one
node available.
Veritas now tells me that I need a license for each cluster-node, which of
course I don't want.
Is this correct? Did anyone have the same problem? And what have you been
told? Do I simply have to accept this fact?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

Cheers, Andreas

Andreas Christen               Direktion Informatik VBS

Papiermühlestrasse 20           Sysadmin Unix-Oracle-SAN
CH-3003 Bern/Switzerland      Division/Unit FBS/SAP

Tel: +41 31 323 42 94            Fax: +41 31 324 67 21
@Geschäft:Andreas.Christen AT gr.admin DOT ch
@Privat:    achristen AT mac DOT com
PGP: http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371