Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpimage and its ways

2001-03-07 08:11:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpimage and its ways
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 05:11:45 -0800 (PST)
Well, I originally thought that if you ran it from the
command line you could compress an image at will.  But
since you have brought this up I look at the site I'm
configuring now and I think it must look at the Global
Configuration Attribute - delay to compress.  This
value by default is zero (0) days, which means never
compress.  I'd probably check that see what it is set
at...

Quoting Ravi Channavajhala
<ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com>:

> Hi All,
>
> Can someone educate me as how exactly the command
> bpimage -compress -client <client> works, I'm tight
> on disk space and I'm trying to compress some images
> for the clients which are currently not active (i.e,
> no backup jobs running).
>
> I expected to see all the images whatever available to
> be compressed, however it is only selectively
compressing.
> Anyone know what is the criterion bpimage uses to
compress