Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Determining bad tape

2001-03-06 10:49:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Determining bad tape
From: Jason Ahrens ahrensj AT psi DOT ca
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:49:42 -0500
Hello

Over the weekend, I had a number of jobs 'fail' with status 84 "Media write
error". I beleive this indicates a bad tape. The jukebox we use is huge,
containing hundreds of tapes. I cannot find any jobs in the activity monitor
that failed with status 84, so I cannot find out there which tape was
mounted to determine which was the 'bad' one. The syslog files confirm that
the tape was bad, showing numerous SCSI write errors.

How can I find out which tape is bad? Media and MAster servers are both
Solaris 2.6.

Thanks

Jason