Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate in bpend_notify

2001-03-05 16:28:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate in bpend_notify
From: James Bougor bougor AT colltech DOT com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 15:28:50 -0600 (CST)
Hi,

I am trying to help a client and they are asking for bpduplicate jobs to
start after a certain class ends.

(NT master server , NBU 3.4 datacenter)

My immediate thought was:
bpend_notify.$CLASS.bat

I created the file:
basically multiple versions of:
bpduplicate -dstunit $STU -class "$class" -dp "$pool" -L  \
"$logfilepath\name" -v

I can run it from the command line and duplication takes place, so I know
that part is ok.

I create the bpend_notify.class.bat file and make it do a:
type $file > $otherfile
and that part is ok.

But when I run the bpduplicate from the bpend_notify batch file, nothing
happens.  No log file, no tapes mounting

I can't see what part ISN'T ok

(BTW,  I have verified that the syntax is identical between what works on
the cmd line and in the file)

Does any one have any suggestions?

(I am a Unix guy, not NT, if that matters)
James Bougor
Collective Technologies    "With that said, entropy increases
bougor AT colltech DOT com                      yet again" me