Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] barcode rules

2001-03-02 15:07:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] barcode rules
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:07:34 -0600
Hello Jeff

When I do that, it leaves the tapes in the pool that the tapes already were in.
Only new tapes get the default pool.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
3 Allen Center 3AC872e
ph (713) 345-6863

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          jlkennedy@amc|
|        |          c.com        |
|        |                       |
|        |          03/02/01     |
|        |          12:33 PM     |
|        |                       |
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)             |
  |       Subject:     [Veritas-bu] barcode rules                              |

Using the vmupdate command to unload the CAP I use the
-use_barcode_rules argument.  My barcode rule states to put all new
media into the scratch pool.  If I inject media coming back from offsite
storage will this put it into the pool it came from or will it put it
into the scratch pool as well?

Thanks.