Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 81 errors

2001-03-01 22:20:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 81 errors
From: Bob Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 19:20:58 -0800
The best thing to do is do all the configurations from the master.

Delete anything you have on any of your other Media Servers and check under
/usr/openv/volmgr/database and see if the VolDB size is greater than 0, if
it is then shut down the daemons on that server and delete it.  Also delete
what you have configured on that server.

If it's an NT replace Daemon with Service and /usr/openv with c:\program
files\veritas

Now go to the master and from there in it's media manager GUI create the
robot and the multi hosted drives.  This way the logical name will be the
same on all servers and the volume database host will be the master or what
ever system you set up as the robotic control host.

I can't stress enough how important it is to do it this way.  No matter how
adept you are at NetBackup, you are prone to screwing this up in a SAN
environment and running the GUI on the master keeps you safer.  This is one
of the few things that the GUI does much better than the command line
interface.

Bob