Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OTM Status 11

2001-02-26 15:39:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OTM Status 11
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:39:58 -0500
I take it these are NT servers so I'll send you a description of what I had to
do to turn it off on mine:

On each server you need to change select RUN from the Start menu and enter
regedit

Drill down as follows:

Hkey_local_machines
  Software
    Veritas
      Netbackup
        Current Version
          Config

Find the entry for OTM_Use and edit value from YES to NO

That's it.

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com> 02/26/01 03:21PM >>>
We are having a problem where 4 of our server backups out of 25 are failing
with a status 11. These servers have a ton of small files. We are also
compunded by a lack of disk space on these servers. I am in the process of
obtaining more disk capacity, but until I do, is there a way to turn off OTM
on these 4 servers only until I can increase the space to allow for OTM
cache?

Thanks,

Don