Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup several Netapp filer with only tape devi ces attached to one Netapp filer

2001-02-23 16:11:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup several Netapp filer with only tape devi ces attached to one Netapp filer
From: Melvin, Grant Grant.Melvin AT netapp DOT com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:11:46 -0800
Hi Michael,

> But the performance is pretty bad.

        Do you have specific performance numbers
        and Data Ontap release you were running?

        With 6.0.1R1 we ran a F840 with 6 volumes
        to a NDMP enabled ATL P3000 (similar to
        filer->filer) with a filesystem that
        provided about 7MB/s to a locally attached
        (SCSI or FCAL) DLT 7000. The F840 scaled
        reasonably well and achieved about 40 MB/s
        (144 GB/hr). It was about half of this
        prior to the 6.0.1 fix that I discussed
        earlier, since we were cpu bound after 3
        or 4 concurrent dumps were running.

Cheers,
        Grant