Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] nbu through a firewall

2001-02-23 13:18:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] nbu through a firewall
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:18:37 +0100

 i try to write only things i'm sure about ;-)

 i've set up some weeks ago two clients across a Cisco PIX doing dynamic
NAT - this coul'nt work.
 so we've set up two static mapping for those clients. clients were
seen from the media server with different IPs than the "real" one
(clients have public IP addresses, but were seen from the media server
with private RFC1597 address, ie. 192.168.x.x.). i don't remember
what i put in the hosts files on server & clients, i had to do
some testing before finfing the correct combination - bpcd &
bprd logs in this case.

 we still had to allow the usual ports in order for backups
to run.

 Amicalement,
             fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
    fx AT veritas DOT com        | Serious error. All
François-Xavier Peretmere | Shortcuts have disppeared.