Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] library not being used

2001-02-21 17:03:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] library not being used
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:03:53 -0800 (PST)
Adam:

to test your environment, DOWN all of the drives on
your original unit.

vmoprcmd -down DriveIndexNumber -h MediaServer

or through the GUI.

Then do a manual backup of one of your clients and see
if it uses your library.

If that doesn't work let me know.

david

Quoting "Zufall, Ken" <KZufall AT officemax DOT com>:

> When NBU looks for a storage unit, it does so by
alpha/numeric order, i.e.
> LIB1 is used before LIB2.  Since the problem that
prompted you to get the
> additional storage unit is lack of media as opposed
to insufficient drive
> resources, I would say that LIB1 always has available
drives and therefore
> is the only one being used-this is assuming that your
backups are set to
> acquire any available storage unit.  The fix here
would be to just specify
> using the second unit on a few classes, distribute
the workload between the
> two units.
>
> Ken Zufall
> Technical Analyst
> Phone: 216.471.3613
> Pager: 440.303.1656
> Fax: 216.491.4051
>
> "It's not the most intellectual job, but I do have to
know all the