Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Problems with volume pools in NBU 3.2 on HP-UX 11.0

2001-02-21 16:40:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Problems with volume pools in NBU 3.2 on HP-UX 11.0
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:40:44 -0800 (PST)
john:

On problem #1, schedule override on volume pool?
That's the only thing I can think of initially, if it
was set to override the class volume pool = netbackup,
then when you move them to the netbackup pool it
naturally works.

on the second one, have you modified the vm.conf file
of your volhost to reflect the pool SCRATCH is a
scratch pool?

that's all I can think of right of the top of my head...

david

Quoting John Hilger <John.Hilger AT veritas DOT com>:

> Recently I did an installation of Netbackup 3.2 on HP-
UX 11.0 and had 2
> strange problems ...
>
> 1)  Within a particular class definition I defined a
Volume Pool called
> "UNIX_POOL".  I was able to move tapes into the
Volume Pool via bar code
> rules, load the tape, and even write to the tapes via
a basic tar command.
> When I attempted to do a manual backup using the
class definition of
> "UNIX_POOL" for the Volume Pool I got the following
error: "Error 96" no
> available media.  When I move the tapes into
the "Netbackup" Volume Pool,
> and attempt the same manual backup ( after changing
the class definition to
> use the "Netbackup" Volume Pool ), everything works
fine ...  Does anyone
> have any ideas why this might be happening ??
>
> 2)  I created a "SCRATCH" Pool and successfully moved
tapes into the
> "SCRATCH" Volume Pool via bar code rules.  When I
attempt to do a backup
> with a class containing an empty Volume Pool (
UNIX_POOL ) it fails to pull
> a tape from the SCRATCH Volume Pool and put it into
the necessary empty
> Volume Pool.  Perhaps this is something specific to
NBU 3.2 ...  If anyone
> has any information on why this might be happening
please reply to this