Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Keep getting status code 85's

2001-02-21 09:28:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Keep getting status code 85's
From: gguenthe AT csc DOT com gguenthe AT csc DOT com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:28:28 -0600
Worked with ATL on this issue.

Their recommendation was to keep the RSM(Removable Storage Manager)
service disabled.

I had disabled the service for the initial install/config, but had turned
it back on once the unit went to production. (I hate getting those stupid
DCOM errors)

Once I disabled the service, all of the 84's and 85's went away.

Greg Guenther

|--------+------------------------>
|        |          Greg Guenther |
|        |                        |
|        |          01/30/2001    |
|        |          10:09 AM      |
|        |                        |
|--------+------------------------>

  |      To:     "Keahey, Ricky L" <ricky.l.keahey AT intel DOT com>
                                                                       |
  |      cc:     veritas-bu AT eng.auburn DOT edu
                                                                       |
  |      Subject:     Re: [Veritas-bu] Keep getting status code 85's(Document
link: Greg Guenther)                                              |

We are getting the same problems :

Windows2000 Advanced Server Cluster

2  Compaq 8500 SAN Media Servers

EMC Clariion Storage/Brocade Switches

Fibre attached ATLP3000 8 DLT 7000's

NB 3.4 DC & SSO

I have a call into Tech Support (it has been a 4 days, sent logs, etc, no
answer yet).

What I see is when I am doing a master backup (multiple streams (4x per
server))

I will get 85's or 84's on a tape, then later in the master it will try the
84'd tape again

and then it will work no problem.

It always happens on the master backups, very rarely on the daily
incrementals.

Greg Guenther
gguenthe AT csc DOT com