Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] compression and DLT 7000

2001-02-16 15:05:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] compression and DLT 7000
From: clifford thurber cthurber AT concretemedia DOT com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:05:03 -0500
Hello,
We are using Netbackup 3.2 on Solaris 7 with Quantam DLT 7000 Drives. We
have the following line in our st.conf file
DLT7k-data =    1,0x36,0,0x9639,4,0x84,0x83,0x0,0x85,3;
Which I believe denotes that we have 70GB of storage in  compressed mode. I
also believe that this is the theoretical limiton DLT 7000's using
compression. The confusing part is that when I run the media list report I
see tapes that are 87GB, 129GB and 111GB. Can someone tell me how this is
even possible? Veritas was not able to give me an answer to this? Thanks in
advance I will summarize.
Clifford