Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetWare non-target restore?

2001-02-14 11:04:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetWare non-target restore?
From: RYAN ANDERSON RYAN_ANDERSON AT udlp DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:04:31 -0600
I need to restore data from one non-target configured NetWare NetBackup
client to another non-target NetWare client. My master server is a
Solaris 2.6 running NBU 3.2.

I've read posts from this mailing list's archive on this issue doing
alternate client restores with the *target* configured clients, but have
found nothing on doing it with a non-target configuration. I actually
have an open ticket with Veritas on this right now, but haven't gotten a
resolution yet, so I thought I'd ask you.

Some things I've done/tried: 1) put a No.Restrictions file in
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/altnames on the NBU master. 2) Restoring from
one NetWare client to another using the master's Xbp GUI 3) Restoring
via the NetBackup Windows GUI for NetWare; with this is get a status
code 5 on the server, and a status code 25 on the client I'm trying to
restore from. 4) Verified the two involved NetWare clients know
eachother on the network, and are even in eachothers HOSTS file.

Does perhaps the bp.ini files on the NetWare clients need to have
eachother listed as clients?

Any suggestions?

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson        |   United Defense L.P.
Unix Administrator      |   763.572.6684 (desk)