Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "52" Errors

2001-02-14 09:17:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "52" Errors
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:17:34 -0600
We're receiving "52" errors almost on a nightly basis.  We have to freeze
the tape it's attempting to mount in order for the backup to work.  Does
anyone know of a configuration setting that will force the backup to use a
different tape if it can't mount the one it originally calls on?  Does
anyone know what would cause so many "52" errors?  Most of the tapes in
question have already been written to and have not received any media
errors.

Thanks,
Terry (314-992-2146)