Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help Needed

2001-02-13 20:44:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help Needed
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:44:40 -0500
What exactly have you tried? Have you tried to KILL the running NBU backup jobs
outside the NBU GUIs? Have you cycled the NBU daemons? You don't say whether
your platform is UNIX or NT based. The approach paths would be different for
each.

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer
Tampa Electric Company

>>> "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com> 02/13/01 20:20 PM >>>
I have a problem I am hoping someone can help with. We recently ran out of
space on our server which caused the backups to hang that night. Since that
night I have not been able to get them to work. I have 3 backups that show
as active for 4 days now and one as requed. No matter what I try they will
not go away. I checked the logs and saw some errors in the bpsched log for
the past few days that it cannot get cient list and now it is reporting
there are no storage units available. We have a standalone DLT drive that
the system recognizes fine but when I go into device monitor, I don't see it
which does not allow me to control it. I have used up my limited attempts to
find the problem and resolve it so any help would be appreciated.

Don O'Shea
Systems Analyst
BCE Emergis
Financial Services Division