Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STATUS 98 and NMDP Backups

2001-02-13 17:26:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STATUS 98 and NMDP Backups
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:26:57 -0500
Many thanks to Bill Roth, from NetAPP, who got us past our initial config
problems for NDMP. He pointed out several configuration FEATURES that are
undocumented. It looks as though we've got everything defined to NBU now but
the backup seems to throw a shoe. We can submit the manual backup request and
we see where NBU tries to mount the tape. But it just sits there and eventually
receives a STATUS 98 after about 15 minutes. There are no helpful messages in
any of the logs that we can see so we're puzzled. Anybody got any advice on
this?

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer