Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] xpbadm getting strange additional characters

2001-02-12 11:33:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] xpbadm getting strange additional characters
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:33:31 -0600
I have been using xbpadm in a script for sometime that backs up some archive
files for an Oracle database.

Recently I noticed some problems where the netbackup server is adding
strange path information to the backup.

cd /u04/oradata/SID/archive
ARCH_FILES = 'arch_sid100 arch_sid200 arch_sid300'
bpbackup -c ${CLASS} -L /tmp/somelog -t 0 ${ARCH_FILES}

This script had been working for some time, but now I noticed that if I run
this command that the backup gets the following information.

File List
/u04/oradata/SID/archive/arch_sid100
/u04/oradata/SID/archive/hive/arch_sid100
/u04/oradata/SID/archive/hive/hive/arch_sid100

I assume that the first file picks up the path information because the
script changes to the archive log directory.

Why would the next two files add the extra "hive" bogus directory to the
path?

Thanks,
Dan