Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmcheckxxx:

2001-02-09 13:03:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmcheckxxx:
From: anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:03:40 -0500
--=_alternative 0062F501852569EE_=

I recently put in a request to Veritas tech support for help identifying a
command I could use in a script to get a robot inventory.  I want to
implement a "sanity check" routine that will compare what the robot knows
is in it and where it is with what NetBackup thinks is in the robot and
where it is; I then want to be able to send an SNMP trap on any found
differences (our servers have ENE installed on them so I'll be using the
facilities it provides to send the traps).

On Monday a VRTS tech pointed me to the 'vmcheckxxx' command but his sole
help from that point on was to do a 'vmcheckxxx -help' for a usage
statement.  I understood most of the arguments ( -rh, -rn, -rt, -vh, -M)
but some are still a mystery to me (-b, -if, and the difference between
-recommend and -recommendcmd).  I sent him a follow-up e-mail Monday
asking for an explanation of the args.  I've yet to hear back from him.
Since 'vmcheckxxx' appears to be an undocumented command, I'm wondering if
that's why he hasn't responded.

I'd appreciate any insight to the meaning and purpose of 'vmcheckxxx's
arguments.  Points to existing scripts that can do this "sanity check"
would also be appreciated.

-- Tony Guzzi
Assured Restore engineering team
(877) 902-8628
--=_alternative 0062F501852569EE_=

support for help identifying a command I could use in a script to get a robot
inventory. &nbsp;I want to implement a &quot;sanity check&quot; routine that
will compare what the robot knows is in it and where it is with what NetBackup
thinks is in the robot and where it is; I then want to be able to send an SNMP
trap on any found differences (our servers have ENE installed on them so I'll
be using the facilities it provides to send the traps).</font>
'vmcheckxxx' command but his sole help from that point on was to do a
'vmcheckxxx -help' for a usage statement. &nbsp;I understood most of the
arguments ( -rh, -rn, -rt, -vh, -M) but some are still a mystery to me (-b,
-if, and the difference between -recommend and -recommendcmd). &nbsp;I sent him
a follow-up e-mail Monday asking for an explanation of the args. &nbsp;I've yet
to hear back from him. &nbsp;Since 'vmcheckxxx' appears to be an undocumented
command, I'm wondering if that's why he hasn't responded.</font>
and purpose of 'vmcheckxxx's arguments. &nbsp;Points to existing scripts that
can do this &quot;sanity check&quot; would also be appreciated.</font>
-- Tony Guzzi<br>
Assured Restore engineering team<br>
(877) 902-8628</font>
--=_alternative 0062F501852569EE_=--