Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BPGP: dangerous command - deleted contents of /var

2001-02-09 12:47:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BPGP: dangerous command - deleted contents of /var
From: anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com anthony.guzzi AT storability DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:47:25 -0500
--=_alternative 006177C1852569EE_=

We recently tried this command and it deleted all of the contents of the
/var directory on the master server we ran it on.  It gave an error
message along the lines of " .... cant delete //var - device busy" (/var
on the system is a separate file system; and, yes, there were two [2] /'s
in the path).  Care needs to be taken with working with the command.

-- Tony Guzzi